Argumentative Criminal Justice Essay Topics
Published byat May 18th, 2022 , Revised On December 23, 2022
Are you looking for some interesting and compelling criminology and argumentative criminal justice essay topics?
Well, sit back and read! Because this article lists many argumentative criminal justice essay topics that are sure to inspire you. Student engagement with criminology and criminal justice has been rising in recent years.
One can observe this emerging practice in European countries, the US, and other countries worldwide. As the number of violent incidents and crimes increases, most students want to learn about criminology and criminal justice to play their part in improving their respective communities.
The term “criminal justice” refers to a combination of customs and practices to regulate social behaviour, reduce crime, and restrain those who refuse to obey the law. It is a sub-category of law. It is an area of law that many students struggle with because of the involvement of complex concepts. A criminal justice essay needs to demonstrate thorough research and knowledge of the subject. It puts you in a position where you present a solution to address a moral problem.
This blog post looks at some topics for argumentative criminal justice essays to help you write your essay on a fascinating subject and hook the readers. One well-known fact about criminal justice essays is that they need you to delve into more depth and find entities to refer to, judicial findings to rely on, and provide substantial evidence to back up your arguments.
Writing an argumentative essay begins with a topic, as with every paper you’ve ever had to write. If you have not yet decided on a topic for your criminal law essay, or if you are finding it difficult to choose an appropriate argumentative criminal justice essay topic, we have listed some very interesting topics for you. Let’s scroll down to check them out!
Argumentative Criminal Justice Essay Topics
Many people ask whether or not the justice system is equitable and accountable since some people have faith in the justice system. In contrast, others occasionally suffer from its repercussions.
- What You Should Know About Capital Punishment
- Understanding the alternatives for community corrections
- Are criminal courts meeting the public’s expectations?
- The link between crime, the media, and the justice system
- The significance of cultural activities in delinquency reduction
- A study on the effectiveness of dependable police-community interactions in criminal justice
- Understanding the categorization standards for criminals
- Felon disenfranchisement: A thorough study
- Working to reduce crime – Students have a lot of work to accomplish.
- Understanding the expertise in criminal justice
- An examination of unjust convictions in criminal justice
- Have the aims of the judicial system’s sentence been met?
- Is plea bargaining a viable option in the US legal system?
- Is it true that the insanity defence in the criminal justice system helps offenders avoid punishment?
- What can be done to avoid unjust convictions?
- In what ways does the criminal justice system contribute to inequality?
- Is it appropriate to rely on DNA technology in criminal justice?
- Is there an absolute role for evidence in the criminal justice system?
- What kind of ethical code should the legal system have?
- What is the most problematic abuse of power in the criminal justice system?
Also read: Argumentative Business Essay Topics
Argumentative Criminal Justice Essay Topics about Jail and Prisons
Criminal justice essays’ most common arguable areas are prisons and detention centres. We have picked out the most controversial topics for you;
- In jails, are ethnic minorities treated fairly?
- Is it true that private prisons are intrinsically flawed?
- Are private prisons simply a means of profiting from crime?
- Is gender segregation making jails more violent?
- How can we ensure that jails do not become training and recruiting sites for criminals?
- Is restrictive housing more effective than prisons in terms of rehabilitation?
- Is solitary confinement a punishment that is cruel and unusual?
- Economics of Criminal Justice
- The prison pipeline and procedural justice
- How government funds prisons.
- How are prison women dealt with?
- What is the relationship between drug addiction and incarceration?
- What is the history of county jails in the United States?
- The criminalization of mental illness.
- There have been several prisons in the history of our country.
- What are the main characteristics of prison overcrowding?
- Procedural justice and the penitentiary system are interrelated.
- What can be done to improve health care in prisons?
Also Read: Argumentative Education Essay Topics
Has a difficult essay got you down? No problem!
With Essays UK you get:
- Expert UK Writers
- Plagiarism-free Content
- Timely Delivery
- Thorough Research
- Rigorous Quality Control
Argumentative Criminal Justice and Society Essay Topics
- What are the different laws on parental abscission?
- Social anthropology and criminal justice are interrelated.
- What is the most effective method to help abused children?
- What are our position on social cohesion and criminal justice?
- Human trafficking on the internet is of great concern.
- What are the implications of economic crimes?
- How can we prevent young people from becoming criminals?
- What role does the culture of guilt play in mind control?
- What is the difference between cyberstalking and cyberbullying?
- Criminal justice, sociology and psychology are all topics that come up.
Criminal Justice and Police related Essay Topics
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of communities opting for community policing?
- The link between police ethics and criminal justice ethics.
- What is the effectiveness of predictive policing?
- Make a list of recent incidents of police corruption.
- How to Prevent crime at home?
- In the military, police recruitment is crucial.
- The role of police in community relations is crucial.
- Make a list of cases of police violence.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of training in crisis intervention?
- The advantages and disadvantages of funding police forces
Also Read: Mental Health Essay Topics
Miscellaneous Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- What are the different types of serial killers?
- What is the connection between lawbreakers and ethics?
- Explain the differences between distributive and criminal justice.
- What are the benefits of victim assistance?
- What is the role of the witness protection programme?
- What is the link between cognitive impairment and the criminal justice system?
- What is the escalating sentence?
- What is the relationship between enforcement and justice?
- What privileges are granted to offenders?
Argumentative Criminal Justice and Death Penalty Essay Topics
- Can the death penalty be inflicted on juvenile delinquents?
- Is the death penalty an effective means of deterring crime?
- Is it true that the death penalty in one first world country encourages its use against political opponents in other countries?
- Is it true that the death penalty is intrinsically unjust?
- Which method of carrying out the death penalty is most humane?
- What role does race play in the imposition of the death penalty?
- Is it true that the death penalty is a violation of human rights?
- Should the death penalty be compassionate or inhumane to achieve greater deterrence?
- What are the ethical problems of the death penalty?
- What are the current death penalty procedures in the world?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the death penalty?
- What is the basis for capital punishment?
- Which offences are deserving of the death penalty?
- Is the death penalty going to be abolished in the future?
Criminal Justice and Racism Essay Topics
- A relationship exists between racism and criminology.
- The link between race and criminality
- Race-based crime stereotypes
- What is racial profiling and how does it work?
- Typical racial profiles of criminals
- In what ways is the justice system discriminatory in different countries?
- True or false: does race have an impact on criminal justice?
- Discrimination against women in the legal system
- Theory of racial discrimination
- Racial discrimination through hate crime
Also Read: Cause & Effect Essay Topics
Women, Crime and Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- What is the greatest way to avoid being raped on a date?
- Is there a link between drug usage and criminology in women?
- How do you feel about gender stereotypes in the criminal justice system?
- Recidivism and women’s relationship.
- What impact does law enforcement have on domestic violence?
- The relationship between women and the death penalty.
- What is the most effective way to avoid domestic violence?
- What is the relationship between feminism and criminal justice?
- What effect do sex offender rehabilitation programmers have?
- What are the pros and downsides of keeping a sex offender’s record?
Argumentative Juvenile Justice for Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- Explain The Act on Juvenile Justice for Young People.
- What role does juvenile justice play in society?
- What is the relationship between subcultures and criminal justice?
- What role do minors have in the death penalty?
- Explain what the word “youth gangs” means.
- What exactly is a juvenile court?
- Explain what the word “street gangs” means.
- What effect does the juvenile justice system have on repeat offenders?
- When it comes to minor criminals, what is the maximum sentence?
- What is the best method for preventing juvenile crime?
Criminal Justice Topics about Forensic and Criminology
- What difficulties does a criminal investigator face?
- What role does technology play in forensic science?
- What exactly do you mean when you say “forensic science”?
- Explain “plea bargaining” with criminology.
- Make a list of the latest foreign discoveries.
- What exactly do you mean by the term “Marxist criminology”?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the work of a forensic pathologist?
- What is the connection between criminology and criminal justice?
Also Read: Extended Essay Topics
Justice System and Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- The role of juries in the criminal justice system?
- What is the role of a code of ethics in the legal system?
- What is the role of a criminal defence lawyer in the criminal justice system?
- The importance of criminal justice in society.
- What impact do mental illnesses have on the legal system?
- Explain how the justice system is unjust.
- What can be done to avoid wrongful convictions, and what are the consequences?
Of course, these are not all the topics for argumentative essays on criminal justice devised by our experienced writers to aid you with your challenging essay submissions. But we have strived to cover a wide range of criminal justice essay topics for our students. It is important to follow ethical guidelines while writing any law or criminal law paper. Even if you choose to write about controversial topics, always try to be courteous and civil!
Points to Remember
- Ensure that your topic is not too broad or too narrow. Pick a topic that can be argued, preferably one that interests, baffles or excites you. Draft a list of your arguments. Specifically, what is your objective? The point you are trying to prove, be it an opinion, a viewpoint or an underlying idea? Before starting to write, you ought to have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish.
- Your essay has to be written for a certain audience. So who are the readers of your essay? Are they a specific group – uninvolved bystanders, opponents of your point of view, etc.? Perhaps you are addressing your peers with your writing. Approach your lecturer to determine who your target audience should be. If you are unsure who your target audience is, address your arguments to everyone.
- Powerful essays present arguments that are supported by facts. The main arguments that support your claim or argument are called rationales. They are often answers to the question: “How do you derive this argument?” For brevity, reasons can also be referred to as “because-phrases”. Underpin your arguments with adequate facts to support your justifications and make your arguments effective.
- Like any other essay, it is recommended to revise your argumentative essay a couple of times. Remember to cover the following points in your essay; “Give plenty of facts, which are presented fairly and factually, and be responsive to your opponent’s point of view. Pay extra attention to the way your essay is structured. Make sure the format is appropriate to your topic and audience. Include appropriate segues that help the reader follow your argument and identify and correct logical errors.”
- Once you have completed a well-written draft, take off the writer’s hat and replace it with the audience. Proofread your essay attentively and rigorously. To get comments on your essay, share a draft with your friends. Carefully revise your work based on your classmates’ evaluation and feedback. Afterwards, you are all set to hand in your essay.