Thought organisation is a crucial step in essay writing. It refers to organising and structuring the essay in your mind before penning it down. This could include a mindmap or creating an essay outline in your mind. Thought organisation in an essay helps in adding all the relevant information and not missing out on any important points. It helps you in designing an essay that will be easier to read.
Frequently Asked Questions : Essay Guide
An undergraduate essay is usually between 1000 to 5000 words. However, this is just the average number of words. The length of an undergraduate essay may vary according to the institute and subject. It also depends on what type of essay your instructor has asked you to work on. Make sure to check with your teacher or tutor before writing.
The length of an essay is usually shorter than other academic writing. The minimum word count for an essay varies depending on the assignment and the level of education. For example, the minimum word count in high school or undergraduate studies may be around 300-1000 words for a short essay or response paper. In contrast, a graduate-level or research-based essay may have a minimum word count of 2500-6000 words or more.
It is important to note that while meeting the minimum word count is necessary, it is not the only factor determining the essay’s quality. The focus should always be on effectively communicating your ideas and arguments clearly and concisely, regardless of the word count.
Mind mapping is a useful technique for organising ideas and concepts in an essay. First, you should identify your essay’s main topic or theme. Write it down in the centre of a blank sheet of paper and circle it. Then, brainstorm related ideas and subtopics, writing them down and connecting them to the central theme with lines.
Continue to add ideas and subtopics, branching out and creating connections between them. You can use keywords, phrases, or images to represent the ideas in your mind map. Once you have completed your mind map, you can use it to guide your writing process, ensuring that your ideas are included in your essay and presented logically and coherently.
In Harvard referencing style, the 6Cs of nursing can be referenced in the following format:
Department of Health. (2012). Compassion in Practice: Nursing, Midwifery and Care Staff – Our Vision and Strategy. London: Department of Health.
Jane Cunnings, The chief nursing officer of the national health service (NHS), in England, established the 6 Cs of nursing essay in 2017.
The 6Cs of nursing can be referenced using the following citation format:
Department of Health (2012). Compassion in Practice: Nursing, Midwifery and Care Staff – Our Vision and Strategy. London: Department of Health.
- Helps to clearly convey ideas and information to the reader.
- Improves the structure and organisation of the essay, making it easier to follow.
- Helps to clarify any doubts or questions the reader may have.
- Contributes to the professionalism and credibility of the essay.
- Helps to maintain focus and ensure that the essay meets the required standards.
- Contributes to the quality of the content by motivating students to conduct thorough research and analysis.
- Helps to identify and address any weaknesses or gaps in the essay.
- Shows dedication and passion for the subject matter, which can make the essay more compelling and engaging for the reader.
By following the 6Cs of the nursing essay, you will be able to write a compelling nursing essay. The 6 Cs are stated below.
- Communication – for better collaboration with the team and patients.
- Commitment – dedication towards the patients and nursing profession.
- Compassion – to give patients a sense of reliability
- Care – constantly caring through every phase of a patient’s treatment.
- Courage – to act in the patient’s best interest
- Competence – processing all the nursing expertise and knowledge successfully.
- Patients feel more comfortable and trust nurses who exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Interpersonal skills help nurses build rapport with patients, leading to better communication and improved patient outcomes.
- Effective communication skills help nurses collaborate with other healthcare professionals, leading to better teamwork and coordinated care.
- Interpersonal skills are essential for conflict resolution, which is crucial in high-pressure situations.
- Good interpersonal skills help nurses provide emotional support to patients and their families during difficult times.
- Nurses with strong interpersonal skills are more likely to succeed in leadership roles and advance their careers.
You have to show these interpersonal skills in your nursing essay to demonstrate that you can deal with different people and situations successfully.
You can follow the given tips to improve your interpersonal skills, which are required in dealings with patients and co-workers, and also while writing your reflective essay.
- Practice Active Listening
- Develop Empathy
- Improve Your Communication Skills
- Be Open-Minded
- Develop Your Teamwork Skills
- Learn Conflict Resolution Skills
- Develop Your Leadership Skills
- Attend Workshops And Training Sessions
- Seek Feedback
You should have the following interpersonal skills in a nursing essay:
- Good Communication
- Teamwork Expertise
- Upbeat Attitude
- Conflict Management
- Highlight the importance of interpersonal skills in nursing practice.
- Describe specific instances where you demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Provide examples of how you established rapport with patients and made them feel comfortable and heard.
- Discuss how you communicated effectively and empathetically with patients and families, especially during difficult situations.
- Explain how you collaborated with healthcare professionals from different disciplines to ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Describe how you actively listened to patients and families and responded to their needs and concerns.
- Discuss how you maintained professional boundaries while building trusting relationships with patients.
- Highlight any training or continuing education you have completed improving your interpersonal skills.
- Emphasise the impact your interpersonal skills had on patient care and outcomes.
- Conclude by reiterating the importance of interpersonal skills in nursing practice and how you will continue to develop and utilise them in the future.
- Select a topic relevant to nursing practice that aligns with your interests.
- Conduct extensive research on the topic, using credible sources such as academic journals and textbooks.
- Identify the key themes and issues related to the topic.
- Use critical thinking to analyse the information gathered, considering the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence presented.
- Create an outline that includes an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- In the introduction, provide background information on the topic and state your thesis or main argument.
- In the body, present your analysis and supporting evidence using examples from your research.
- Consider counterarguments and address them in your essay.
- Draw a conclusion that summarises your analysis and restates your thesis.
- Edit and proofread your essay for clarity, coherence, and accuracy.
Writing a case study nursing essay can be difficult for a few students considering the depth of the topics. Here are a few steps that you can take to write the perfect case study nursing essay.
- Identify a patient and obtain consent to use their case study for educational purposes.
- Collect all relevant patient data and medical history.
- Identify the patient’s health issues and formulate a nursing diagnosis.
- Develop a nursing care plan to address the patient’s needs.
- Discuss the nursing interventions implemented and their effectiveness.
- Analyse the patient’s response to the interventions.
- Reflect on the overall effectiveness of the nursing care plan.
- Conclude by summarising the case study and the key findings.
- Cite all sources used in the essay.
- Follow the proper academic writing format and guidelines.
Follow these simple steps to write a good reflective nursing essay.
- Choose a topic or experience to reflect on
- Start by describing the experience in detail
- Identify and explore your thoughts and feelings about the experience
- Analyse how the experience impacted your learning or practice as a nurse
- Consider what you would do differently in a similar situation
- Use nursing models and theories to support your reflections
- Write a clear and concise introduction and conclusion
- Follow the essay structure and include an engaging hook and thesis statement
- Use first-person narrative and reflective language to express your personal experiences and insights
- Edit and proofread your essay for clarity, coherence, and accuracy.
The main body of a nursing essay is where you develop and present the ideas and arguments that support your thesis statement. The main body should be well-structured and organised into paragraphs, each focusing on a specific point or argument. In a nursing essay, the main body typically includes:
- Background information on the topic
- Literature review of relevant studies and research
- Discussion of the key points and arguments supporting your thesis statement
- Analysis and evaluation of the evidence presented
- Examples of case studies to illustrate your points
- Recommendations or conclusions based on your findings.
Here are the most crucial steps required to write a compelling nursing essay introduction.
- Start with a strong, clear and concise opening statement
- Provide background information to show the context.
- Write a thesis statement indicating the boundaries of your research.
- Proofread and Finalise for any errors.
The length of a nursing essay introduction can vary, but typically it should be concise and to the point. A good nursing essay introduction should provide enough background information to contextualise the topic and engage the reader’s interest. A general guideline is that the introduction should be around 10% of the total essay length, which means for a 1500-word essay, the introduction would be about 150 words.
However, it is important to remember that the length of the nursing essay introduction is not as important as its content, clarity, and ability to capture the reader’s attention.
You can find professionally written nursing essay examples on Essays UK. Here is a sample nursing essay.
The length of a nursing essay can vary depending on the assignment instructions and requirements. Nursing essays can typically range from 500 to 1500 words, but sometimes can be longer, such as 2000 to 3000 words. It is important to review the assignment instructions carefully to determine the required length and formatting guidelines.
Following are the steps required to write an engaging nursing essay.
- Go through the assignment brief thoroughly.
- Choose an engaging topic.
- Create an outline
- Do your research
- Write a compelling introduction
- Write 1 – 5 body paragraphs
- Conclude with a strong paragraph
- Proofread and edit
It can be a complicated step for a few students to start a nursing essay. Just follow these tips to start writing your nursing essay now.
- Choose a topic
- Conduct research
- Develop a thesis statement
- Create an outline
- Write an engaging introduction
- Hook the reader with a strong opening statement
- Provide some background information
- Present your thesis statement
- Preview the main points of the nursing essay
- Use a clear and concise writing style.
Ask our team
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our online essay writing services ordering process is easy as pie. It only takes 3 steps to place your order and get essay help from experts.
• Fill in our online order form at https://order.essays.uk
• Provide your order details and attach the relevant such as the guidelines and briefs, and study material, when you need the writer to consider.
• Make the payment and confirm your order.
You can make the payment through a credit/debit card or directly to our bank account. Our writers will start working on your order as soon as you pay. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address. So we suggest you keep checking your emails.
We will be sending you queries from the writer related to your order through emails so it will be appreciated if you formally reply to the emails as soon as possible.
Our experts vow to deliver quality and plagiarism-free work. We guarantee that our delivered work will cohere to the following standards.
- First Quality Standard (70 % or above)
- 2:1 Quality Standard (60-70 %)
- 2:2 Quality Standard (50-60%)
For PhD students, we offer one quality standard only.
We don’t resell bespoke papers. The paper we write for you will remain personal to you forever.
Essays UK has a diligent procedure for each type of service offered on the website. Each and every detail of the order placed with us is reviewed and a compendium plan is made for the execution and the timely delivery. If any additional information is required, we contact the customer via email.
Your academic consultant finds the best suitable expert who has the qualification and experiences in the same area of study to complete the order within due time.
The completed work is received by our quality control team which ensure the content is unique, plagiarism free and meets the quality standards before making the final delivery to the customer.
If somehow you are still not satisfied, we offer free amendments. It’s highly recommended to avail of this feature in case you are not satisfied with the content delivered.
Our delivery plans are custom-made for your requirements and preferences so that you can easily check the progress of work all along the process. For example, we can complete a semester project in a week’s time but can take a year to complete a PhD thesis, which is usually delivered chapter by chapter against a personalised delivery schedule.
We offer a free adjustment policy here at Essays UK to deal with such issues. We advise you to thoroughly review the delivered paper within 24 hours of receiving it and let the writer know of the improvements you wish to see as soon as possible.
New delivery date will be provided to you after we’ve consulted the writer.
And in case your essay does not meet your expectations, you can always send us an email where you give us your order number, and we will make sure that your complaint is forwarded to the respective area of concern.
When requesting a refund, we require you to send us an email with your order number and specify your reasons for claiming a refund.