Sample Masters Forensic Science Topic and Plan Outline
Published byat December 12th, 2022 , Revised On January 26, 2023
Here is a customised dissertation outline sample. The topic of the dissertation is “Analysis of the Ethical Issues and Challenges of Forensic Science”. This is just a sample of the quality of work you can expect from our experts when you place your order on our website.
Analysing the Ethical Issues and Challenges of Forensic Science
Several studies are conducted in this domain that emphasized forensic science’s ethical issues and challenges because the topic has gained popularity over the past few years.
The concept of forensic science is used during criminal investigations to carry out legal and criminal procedures. Forensic investigation is not merely conducted through data collection but also carried out by reaching out to the scene of the crime.
However, according to Adams et al. (2013), several issues are faced during forensic investigations because there is a need to bring improvements in investigating criminal cases and reduce the chances of conviction.
Several cases have been reported where innocent people are charged for criminal cases, because of which the level of trust in investigation teams has reduced.
Hence, the research gap identified is associated with determining a set of ethical practices and regulations which should be adopted. According to Ward and Willis (2010), forensic science is an important concept applied in criminal justice cases. However, it is only effective when applied accurately and by following all legal requirements.
Purpose and Objectives of the Study
The purpose of this study is to determine the ethical issues and challenges that are prevalent in forensic science. Following are the objectives of the study that will be taken under consideration for further research:
- To understand the concept of forensic science in criminal and civil law
- To find out ethical issues and challenges that are reducing the popularity of forensic investigations in crime scenes
- To perform content analysis to analyse the identified ethical issues from existing literature
- To examine the significance of forensic science in investigating criminal issues and cases
- To overcome the limitations of forensic sciences in resolving criminal cases
- To provide recommendations for criminal investigations to adopt ethical practices and regulations.
- Catering to the ethical issue of innocent people caught can help in decreasing the failure rate in initial crime scene investigation.
- A competency of psychologists in forensic examination increases the accuracy of forensic sciences leading to more successful and accurate results.
- Eliminating vicarious liability or delegating work to others increases objectivity and decreases the exploitation of forensic examination.
- Adams, D.E., Mabry, J.P., McCoy, M.R. and Lord, W.D., 2013. Challenges for forensic science: new demands in today’s world. Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 45(4), pp.347-355.
- Ward, T. and Willis, G., 2010. Ethical issues in forensic and correctional research. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 15(6), pp.399-409.