A Masters’ nursing dissertation is usually between 12000 and 15000 words. The number of words is influenced by your institution’s requirements and study level etc. A master’s nursing dissertation is longer than the undergraduate as it requires in-depth research and organisation.
The average length of the different chapters in a nursing dissertation is:
- Abstract – Around 300 words
- Introduction: Around 1000 to 2500 words
- Literature Review: Between 3000 to 6000 words
- Research Methods: 1500 to 2500 words
- Findings: 4000 to 6000 words
- Conclusion: 1500 to 2000 words